HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN IN THIS HEAT SEASON
- Post By Debbie Oku Okokon 8:39pm on Sunday 7th April 2019
The effects of low humidity on the Skin.We are all aware of how harsh and unfriendly the weather is of late. Does this have effects on your skin? Oh Yes!
You need to know that when the weather is hot, the body loses water leading to dehydration. This causes irritation, redness and dry ashy look on the skin.
Perspiration can irritate skin and trigger breakouts, especially if what you have is oily skin, high humidity climate is neither a good idea nor a good setting for you. The humidity causes your skin cells to turn over more quickly, this means more debris which causes clogged pores and eventually pimples and blackheads.
How to protect your skin in this weather:
- Wash your skin as soon as possible after you sweat e.g immediately after workout.
- Make sure to hydrate your skin and keep water levels topped up. e.g drink lots of water.
- Use a cleanser with salicylic acid or glycolic acid to help clean debris and unclog pores for oily/combination skin, but a dry skin will need a creamy cleanser to nourish it.
- Always use sunscreen, SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN- can't stress this enough.
- Make sure you wear light, loose clothing to prevent irritation from sweat and friction
- Exfoliate to avoid damage of the outer layers of the skin, leading to a dry, flaky feeling.
- Get an oil-free moisturizer
Written by Debbie Oku Okokon
THE SEXCAPADE OF NATASHA - 6 Read More
BREAKING NEWS: RASKIMONO DIES Read More
FRANCE WINS WORLD CUP 2018 Read More
ALL ABOUT LOVE ~ Shidoo Tarkaa Read More
THE SEXCAPADE OF NATASHA - 8 Read More